Finding mortgage loan might be complicated. Which is why mortgages are incredibly popular with would-be scammers. Learn to spot and prevent various kinds of home loan frauds.
frauds below, you have got several ways of reporting your experience:
- File a problem with us
- Contact the Bureau of customer Financial Protection (previously referred to as customer Financial Protection Bureau or CFPB)
- Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Contact the workplace of the Comptroller associated with the Currency (OCC)
- Contact the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending
The Bureau is faced with overseeing many banking institutions, credit unions, loan providers, and home loan servicers. In the event the loan provider or home loan servicer is state certified, you may contact the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending. Instead, should your loan provider or home loan servicer is a nationwide bank, you’ll contact the OCC.
The Texas Department of Banking may be able to help if you are unsure who regulates your lender or mortgage servicer.
Foreclosure Rescue and Mortgage Modification Frauds
Both of these forms of frauds might cost you 1000s of dollars and, possibly, your house.
Scammers will portray by themselves as mortgage relief providers payday loans in Oregon to a target property owners who will be at danger of property property foreclosure. The scammers typically guarantee they can save your valuable house from property property foreclosure and/or decrease your month-to-month home loan repayments in return for big charges.Read More›