You Simply Cannot Leave The United States Just After Marriage

Until you apply for and receive Advance Parole or Green Card after you have married and filed for adjustment of status you will not be able to leave the U.S.

You may not be allowed to re-enter the US and your adjustment of status application can be deemed ‘abandoned’ and denied if you leave the country before receiving one of these two documents. Both you and your partner would need to begin the immigration procedure from scratch along with your partner might have to wait beyond your U.S. to consular process.

SIGNIFICANT In the event the modification of status application is pending, and failed to make an application for and acquire the Advance Parole before making the U.S., the U.S.

Read More